Thursday, March 22, 2012

How to Make Your Eyes Your Best Feature


There are so many things to adore about this songstress. But truth be told, Adele rocks a cat eye like no other. Long a lover of winged lashes, I've recently found renewed inspiration in the likes of both Adele and Angelina. I've been fiddling with my brushes, sampling different falsies and mascaras and attempting to recreate this look from my own vanity. But I've just learned that I've been doing it all wrong.


I stumbled upon a great video tutorial on Stylelist that shows you step by step how to create Adele's signature cat eye. It's pretty spot on. Apparently, I need to ditch the pencil and liquid wand I've been using and substitute them with a gel liner and square brush instead. 

I'm all over this look and not just for special occasions or night time wear any longer. The light metallic lid is still on the bright side of sultry. The shading on the brow line keeps it fresh and modern. But it's still a throwback to a time that was so effortlessly cool and chic.

I might even try my hand at some of these other fashion forward takes on the famous cat eye spotted over at Go Retro as well. 

1 / 2 / 3 

SHARE:

No comments

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig