Thursday, August 2, 2012

Current Fixation: Disco Ball Accent


The Mister and I definitely need to funk it up around here. I'm thinking some disco ball action might be just the ticket. I know, I know... that's so 2011.


I'll level with you. Bailey McCarthy's recently revealed playroom might have sealed the deal on this latest obsession. But yes, there was some other mirrored goodness floating around out there long before I was ever hypnotized by that gold orb.







While I think the mirrored ball is most at home in a colorful bohemian or eclectic space, I'm really digging the whimsical surprise it infuses in an otherwise neutral, white room.

For our own purposes, I'm thinking we will probably defer from hanging it overhead and group two or three   as a floor display by the fireplace. And... if I have to be completely honest about this little daydream I'm having, I'm really envisioning them outside, where their reflection will play off the blue, backlit waters in our swimming pool.

They are widely available for purchase, but this just may turn into a little weeknight project this Fall, as I've been inspired to try my own hand at making one by the DIY mirrored ball tutorial I found at on the Craftzine Blog.


Inspiration via:
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 
SHARE:

3 comments

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Such a fun element! I love the one just chilling on the stair landing. Pretty cool idea!

celine [starbies and sangrias] said...

OMG. I am so obsessed with this too. I want to use it in my game room! LOVE!

Trissta said...

OOOHHH!!! That's definitely a trippy thing to put into a room, but hey, make it work, girl! I love those pictures. Definitely where it's used as something other than hanging from the ceiling. Will be looking for a disco ball to grace my own home now! :)

Much Love,
Trissta

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig