Monday, January 7, 2013

Current Fixation // Stance Socks

I was tipped off recently to Stance, a SoCal sockwear label known as much for their funky fresh designs as they are for being the most comfortable pair of socks you'll ever slide onto your foot. My sister and her husband swear by them and they made a quick convert of The Mister when he received a pair over the holidays. 

Their design philosophy: expression and function. This is the new breed of performance socks people, with a focus on fit, quality materials and built in features like padding and tread perfect for skating and snow protection that makes them ideal for boarding. 

They look cool too. Designs are clearly influenced by both the action sports heros who wear them and well-traveled, seasoned designers like the stylish Summer Rapp (formerly at the design helm over at Quicksilver and Roxy), who is responsible for the recently launched women's line.  She's currently pushing the boundaries of sockwear by incorporating on-trend tribal patterns and embellishments like pyramid studs and fringe.


While I don't own a pair yet, I'm after several colorful styles to pair up with booties and oxfords- the perfect foil for cold and gloomy winter days. Here are a few I'm after to help fill the drawers here at Holtwood House.

If that isn't enough to persuade you, check out both the full men's and women's collections online at Stance.
SHARE:

3 comments

Albertina || MimosaLane said...

I have always been a big fan of printed knee highs....I have quite the collection and so does my hubby....I will have to check this company out!

Hannah said...

Love these! I wish I could keep my socks together as pairs :(. I'm slowly but surely getting better at it! Maybe I'll invest in some for the boy instead!

Sadie + Stella said...

I love myself a good pair of socks.

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig