Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Better Equipped


All of these projects around the house over the last couple of years have told me plenty about the state of my body. While carrying heavy loads, digging trenches and long days spent on my knees weeding out planters would take its toll on even the fittest of humans, the fact that I have all but neglected my health in favor of well... other things, has magnified all of the aches and pains one might typically experience. I can not solely rely on ice packs and emergency chiropractor visits to get me through all the DIY I love so much around here.

So last night, I did good by myself and gave yoga another shot. The first day of class is always awkward, isn't it? Bad form, the wrong clothes, the items forgotten back at home... I quickly realized I was ill-prepared. Sometimes the right equipment really makes all the difference. 

I spotted a couple of items over at Lululemon that I think will help me get more out of my yoga experience. I love all of the different cuts and colors offered. 

I  think I'll also get back on the elliptical machine that is collecting dust out in the garage. Some new trainers just might help kick me into high gear.  These minty fresh Nikes are calling my name.


What about you? Is there one thing that makes working out for you just a little easier to bear?


SHARE:

4 comments

Trissta said...

Ok, I have to tell you my little guilty pleasure. I am addicted to Crossfit. That's how I somehow manage to get through working out every day. They create the workouts for you, they last for up to 20 minutes (in a rare occurrence longer, but like I said it's rare) and I get to feel totally badass about lifting free weights. I just recently bought a new pair of Saucony gym shoes after my previous ones had essentially worn out over a couple of years, and I've been dying for some more Under Armour leggings. Don't get me started on the workout thing... I could go on forever! lol

Much Love,
Trissta

Kristen said...

I've been dying to get back to the gym for some yoga and spin classes! Generally we just do nightly walks around the neighborhood and hiking or running a few days a week. A new workout outfit usually gets me excited to head to the gym. Well, the first few times I wear it.

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

ha! I know about all the wrong clothes....I feel like I'm always the awkward dressed one in any class....everyone's outfits are all matchy matchy and so beautifully coordinated...pants are tight and snug and everything looks perfect....not me....Having the right equipment can go a long way! Glad you are taking care of yourself. We get left behind sometimes taking care of everything else!

designstiles said...

I need new running shoes so bad. I've had the same ones for like five years. :( And headphones. Working out without music is more painful than working out itself.

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig