Monday, July 15, 2013

Travel Bound // Essentials + Little Luxuries


I've always had a bit of a wanderer's heart. I can even remember feeling the desire to get out and travel from some of my earliest memories. In grade school, I used to busy myself by penning little travel adventure books. My main character: Snoopy of all things. But in my mind's eye, that Snoopy went everywhere- London, Egypt, San Francisco- places I had not yet visited, but only heard about. True story (and note to self: hunt those suckers down for a good laugh). 

For much of my years, I daydreamed of traveling to distant places until one day in my early twenties, I quit my job, packed my bags and set off on a little european adventure all by my little self... and it was the best thing I've ever done- for me. I've done a bit more since then, but in all honesty, I've had to make some compromises and give up one of the things I've truly ever loved in order to gain some others. 

So this morning, I woke up particularly grateful that travel is once again in my future. We actually have two dream trips planned within just a couple months of each other... and get this... we're actually booked.  I can hardly believe it. It's no longer a fluid little daydream, but we - The Mister and I actually have tickets.

So it is then, that I've set about making plans and daydreaming of all the little treasures I will be packing in my suitcase. 


These two trips could not be more different in location and necessity. But I'm trying to find similarities so that I can parlay some of what I acquire between locations. We will be doing quite a bit of air and train travel between the two, so I'm zeroing in on essentials like versatile walking shoes, a good convertible cross body bag and scarf to keep me comfortable. I've been on the hunt for durable, lightweight (and affordable) luggage as well.  

one // two // three // four // five // six // seven 

Both of these two trips are almost once in a lifetime type events and I'm looking to pack a few extra luxuries to make them even more special. I've highlighted a few above that I've earmarked for a little pre-flight shopping spree.

SHARE:

2 comments

Kristen said...

Ok I'm so jealous. I have not been anywhere exciting in forever!! Dying to know where you are headed.

celine {aquahaus} said...

Wanna know where you are going!!!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig