Tuesday, November 5, 2013

These Boots Are Made For Walkin'


If you've been following along with me on Instagram, you might have noticed that The Mister and I snuck away over the last couple of weeks for a little European Adventure. Our travels took us through some of the most beautiful cities in Italy - Rome, Sorrento, Capri, Amalfi, Positano, Siena and Florence and eventually lead to a weekend in Paris. We talked about this trip for more than a decade and it was a dream so personal, so hard fought for, that it were not for the sweet perfection of it in the end, I might be mourning a return back to some of the everyday work routines here back home.  Getting on the plane back home was tough- I'll admit... but by the time we landed, I felt so full of gratitude for what we had experienced, for what we took back home with us, that I can not feel anything else as I get dressed for the office this morning. 

We ate, we drank and we walked... we've guessed over 50+ miles of twisting, turning, uphill, downhill cobbled pathways over the last two weeks, fueled by the sweetest adrenaline. Posting may be a little spotty this week while I re-acclimate. But look for some of our adventures to unfold here on the blog. I can't wait to share what we've seen and learned with you.
SHARE:

2 comments

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

What an amazing trip!! You were so lucky to have that amazing experience. I can't wait to hear all about it. I know, we always need a vacation from our vacation right? Take your time, we aren't going anywhere!! Savor every little memory!!

Alecia said...

What an amazing trip! I want to sneak away with my husband for a European adventure. What were your favorite places?

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig