Monday, March 10, 2014

Planted, Rediscovered + Built


We haven't had much of a winter to say the least here in Southern California. Honestly, temperatures have been so mild that it has even been a little shocking for us.  But it is because of this, that we were able to get an early start on our garden re-boot this year. We've spent the past few weekends planting and building out some more structure - including some new screens for the raised beds, a work table and even a bench. 

While it's far from finished, today I thought I'd give you a sneak peek into how things are shaping up out there. While we are still prepping the raised beds, we did get a few things planted over the weekend - including some herbs, peppers and tomatoes. There was a big tomato event at one of our local specialty nurseries and we picked up some San Marzano and Sungold plants, among four other heirloom varieties. Can't wait for summer salads! We're also planning lots of salsa making with a full fledged pepper garden this year. 


I was digging around for some supplies in the garden shed and came upon a brand new box of copper garden markers that I can't wait to use once we have everything laid out. The bench and table both came together rather nicely. I'll be sure to show you both projects just as soon as we complete the layout and get all of our spring plantings in the ground. 
SHARE:

2 comments

Thehouseofhampton said...

I did the same thing this weekend! Only about an hour north, I cleaned, tied back rose vines, and planted vegetables. So lucky with this weather!
Sharon

Trissta said...

I am seriously so excited for my garden this year! I don't have room to do one at my apartment, but I am doing a big one at my uncle's house. Seriously. I am the biggest garden nerd everrr.

Much Love,
Trissta

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig