Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Make This // Lobster Cage Pendants


Where do you want your lobster traps hung? We were getting ready for a little shindig at the house over this past weekend and thought we'd add a little mood lighting in one of the far corners of the yard with the bamboo pendants I had made the week before. Until then, I didn't see it. I had envisioned calling them "netted bamboo pendants" or something of that sort for this post. But it wouldn't be the first time The Mister saw something different than I did in one of my projects. 

Lobster cage or not, I liked them. I liked them a lot - especially once the black netting harnessed the soft glow of the filament bulbs we placed in them that evening for our party. 

They were a cinch to put together too. Here's how I did it:


I took inspiration from the Ay Illuminate pendants I gushed over in a recent post. Though much more low brow than the fancy designer pendants I have such an affection for, I think my version captures a similar vibe - no fuss, rustic simplicity using minimal materials to create a statement all its own. 

SHARE:

3 comments

celine@aquahaus said...

You never cease to amaze me. Where do you find the time?!?!

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

you always have the best parties!! I want to be your neighbor!! I love these...sensational...just like the ones you did for your New year's. So creative!

Kristen said...

Go you! These look great!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig