Monday, September 22, 2014

Current Fixation // Casters

Industrial coffee table

I'm a big proponent of changing things up - and often at that. Whether it's when decorating or setting up for a big party here at the house, my approach to design is fairly fluid. I usually build from what we have, move things from one room to the other (even occasionally from indoors to out) and then add a newly purchased item or two to the mix. Because I like to move things about so often, its no wonder that I'm drawn to the mobility and versatility offered by casters. 

Rolling Garden Beds

Big or small, industrial or furniture grade, these little wheels give me the ability to push a heavy piece along with little to no help and instantly transform a space. But I've also found some fringe benefits to the functionality of casters. A new set of wheels can also breathe new life into to a stale, ordinary chair, worktable or shelving unit. 

Rolling Storage

Magazines on Casters

Casters come in so many sizes and are an inexpensive way to add character and versatility to a piece of furniture. While I love the application for a coffee or dining table, these days I have my eye on a set to add to an outdoor worktable/bar and some inventive storage for our closet floors. There is nothing worse than digging through a pile of stuff in the cramped quarters of a hall closet. How easy would it be to simply pull a rolling storage bin out and sift through its contents instead?

Rolling Worktable

Rolling Island, Elle Decor

Rolling Dining Table

1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 (source unknown)
SHARE:

2 comments

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

so true! I wish everything in my house how casters....I would never stop moving things around. I love that first photo.

Cole Hartman said...

Hi nnice reading your post

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig