Monday, October 6, 2014

Flea Market Adventures // Indecision


I knew the second I walked away from it that I would regret doing so - and I did, I regretted it on the long walk back to the car, throughout the 45 minute drive home and straight on through dinner. I nearly  drove back, but I continued to waiver in my indecision as I'm prone to do almost anytime I shop, but especially so when I'm considering a major purchase .  Most of time, I can talk my way out of spending money pretty easily, coming up with dozens of ways I could spend those dollars instead. But the truth is, I woke up thinking about the beautiful midcentury chair of my dreams as soon as I opened my eyes this morning. I know exactly where I would put it and in full disclosure, I had been searching for this very chair for quite some time now, sure that when seen it would probably be far out of my reach in some pricey online auction or in the window of some high end antique store I'd never buy from. But there it was, right on a corner stall at yesterday's flea. The vendor knew I wanted it and worked so hard to rationalize the purchase for me. But in the end, I let indecision get the best of me and I left without my chair. 

I need a flea market wingman to keep me from doing this again. 


I spent the whole of this blistering hot weekend scouring flea markets, thrift stores and garage sales. I love rummaging through dusty boxes and cluttered shelves and finding that thing that nobody wanted anymore that I absolutely can not live without. A couple of things I did end up pulling the trigger on: this liberty mirror and this sort of brutalist gladiator painting - both of which will eventually hang in my husband's soon to be made over study. 


I also scored myself a vintage Evan Picone tailored, check blouse (something I plan to wear straight on through spring), some pretty crystalline geodes and a scalloped teak bowl that I plan to use as a bedside catch all. 

All these great little treasures that will get a new life here at Holtwood House ... but that chair tho... 
SHARE:

3 comments

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

It is pretty cool...but don't beat yourself up over it....there are so many beautiful things out there waiting to be found....I'm sure you will find something cooler and you will glad you waited.

celine@aquahaus said...

I will be your wing woman.

Kristen said...

I hate when I do that! It was a pretty great chair. Gosh I am dying to go flea market and thrift shopping! I'll live vicariously through you until I get the ok from my dr to start long walks again!

© Holtwood Hipster. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig